Local Medicare Assistance Programs
Baltimore County's SHIP office provides objective education and assistance to individuals eligible for Medicare, a health insurance for people 65 and over as well as for people with 24 months of Social Security Disability (SSDI). Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) offers educational programs on Medicare fraud and abuse and what Medicare beneficiaries can do to help save Medicare for future generations.
For more information on County Medicare Assistance Programs call 410-887-2059 or email email@example.com. To learn more online visit Baltimore County's Medicare information website.
For further information about the Medicare Prescription Drug Plan, see links below.
Medicare Prescription Drug Program
- Medicare 2014 Costs
- Financial Assistance with Medicare Costs
- Medicare Rights Organization
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)—Information on eligibility, cost, coverage, and available plans.
- Social Security Administration—Sign up for benefits, apply for help with Medicare drug plan cost.
- Fraud Tips—State offers Medicare fraud protection valuable tips.
- Maryland Senior Prescription Drug Assistance Program (SPDAP)—Apply for help with Medicare drug plan costs.
- Medicare Fraud and Abuse Information and Resources—Current information about fraud and abuse efforts and how to prevent Medicare fraud.
- Maryland Health Connection—The marketplace for those not on Medicare to purchase affordable health insurance and apply for Medical Assistance.
- MyMedicare.gov—Personalized information including Medicare Summary Notices, preventive services and dates.
- Additional Resources—Link to helpful information on Medicare drug coverage from www.medicarerights.org, the largest independent source of health care information and assistance in the United States for people with Medicare (©2005 Medicare Rights Center.)